Google My Business is a free tool that lets you manage how your local business appears across Google products, like Maps and Search. If you run a business that serves customers at a particular location, or you serve customers within a designated service area, Google My Business Certification can help people find you. Verified businesses on Google are twice as likely to be considered reputable by users.
Maintaining your business presence on Google My Business can help customers discover the products and services you provide, contact you, and find your location.
- Maintain accurate information about your business online.
- Tell Google your hours, website, phone number, and location (a street address, service area, or place marker, depending on your business).
- Use the mobile app to stay up-to-date with your online presence wherever you are.
- Interact with customers.
- Post photos of your business and its products and services.
- Collect and respond to reviews from customers.
- Attract new customers
- Improve how your business appears online so new customers can find you.
- Point customers to your website.
- When you’re ready, consider using location-based ads with Smart campaigns in Google Ads to reach an even larger audience.
Why Get Certified
- Improve your CV: Getting certified shows employers that you have a clear understanding of the core concepts of digital marketing. You can also add the qualification to your CV, and easily upload it to your LinkedIn profile.
- Find a job: Becoming certified shows you have strong digital skills and that you’re motivated to learn: two essential qualities in the workplace. Demonst rating these qualities can help improve your chances of finding the job you want.
- Grow Your Career: Improving your Google My Business knowledge can help you find a job, get promoted, or start a whole new career.
Assessment passing scores and time limits
- You will need to have a score of 80% or greater on the certification assessment. The Google My Business Basics Certificate exam consists of 12 questions. If you don’t pass an assessment, you can retake it 1 day later.
Some Important guidelines about your certification
- You can refer to yourself as “certified” as long as your certification remains in effect. After the expiration date, you won’t be able to refer to yourself as “certified” until you pass the assessments again.
- You’re allowed to mention your certification on your resume, business cards, LinkedIn profile, and other social media profiles.
- Any member of Partners can earn a Google My Business Basics Certificate. As a certified professional, you can demonstrate your achievement with a personalized certificate issued by Google.
|The Google My Business Basics Certificate Advertising assessment covers advanced concepts and bestpractices for creating, managing, measuring, and optimizing Display campaigns.|