Module 4 : Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting the online visibility of a website or a web page in a web search engine’s unpaid results—often referred to as “natural”, “organic”, or “earned” results. In general, the earlier (or higher ranked on the search results page), and more frequently a website appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine’s users; these visitors can then be converted into customers.
SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, video search, academic search, news search, and industry-specific vertical search engines. SEO differs from local search engine optimization in that the latter is focused on optimizing a business’ online presence so that its web pages will be displayed by search engines when a user enters a local search for its products or services. The former instead is more focused on national or international searches.
As an Internet marketing strategy, SEO considers how search engines work, the computer programmed algorithms which dictate search engine behavior, what people search for, the actual search terms or keywords typed into search engines, and which search engines are preferred by their targeted audience. Optimizing a website may involve editing its content, adding content, doing HTML, and associated coding to both increase its relevance to specific keywords and to remove barriers to the indexing activities of search engines. Promoting a site to increase the number of backlinks, or inbound links, is another SEO tactic. By May 2015, mobile search had surpassed desktop search. In 2015, it was reported that Google is developing and promoting mobile search as a key feature within future products. In response, many brands are beginning to take a different approach to their Internet marketing strategies.
In today’s rapidly shifting world, SEO techniques can change on a dime—and the worst part is that you might not even know it. Hacks that could have won you a front-page result as recently as 2016 are not only obsolete now, but they may even hurt your website’s rankings.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Types: There are two type of Search Engine Optimization. They are On-page-optimization and off-page-optimization. Both are different and each one has equal importance on the search engine. You can not ignore any one and If you are ignoring any type of SEO, then get some less result in SERP.
- On Page Optimization: On page SEO refers how well the content of the websites are present to search engine. This is totally dependable to the content and design of the website. On page seo gets your site listed on search engine for some given keyword and can be improved by modifying the content of the website
- Off Page Optimization: Off Page SEO refers to your site’s authority on the internet, which determines by your ranking and what other website say about your site. This is not affected by the content and usually takes some time to get improve
SEO Techniques: Seo Techniques refers the way on which we affect the results in SERP. There is a word Organic SEO that is related with techniques in SEO. Organic SEO is a phrase that is used to describe the process to obtain the natural placement in Organic search engine result page. Apart from this there are three techniques in SEO. They are
- White Hat SEO: White Hat SEO utilizes techniques and methods to improve the search engine ranking of a website that don’t run a foul of search engine (mainly Google) Guidelines. It will give you a slow but lasting growth in ranking.
- Black Hat SEO: Black Hat SEO exploits weaknesses in the search engine algorithms to obtain high rankings for a website. Such techniques and methods are in direct conflict with search engine guidelines.It may give you a quick but short lasting growth in search engine ranking.
- Grey Hat SEO: Grey hat SEO (not white and not black but gray) is a technique that does not fully use the second technique above, or maybe combine of two. Perhaps this is also the transformation from white to black or black to white. It could be argued, this technique is a technique that uses black hat techniques to achieve results in white hat.
We’re now just days away from 2018 and I’d like to say that SEO has not just changed, the entire lid has been blown off! If you expect to rank in 2018, you have got to have a quality website with something to offer your user. Google has made it so SEO tactics of before are no longer recognized, and rankings now are based on quality, merit, social proof, and authority. The way we go about learning search engine optimization is a little different than the average SEO tutorial, so stay with us.
Keep Calm MSOM deliver you a well research content which is easy to learn about SEO.