Module 2: Introduction to WordPress Website
What is WordPress?
WordPress is open source software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog. It just may be the easiest and most flexible blogging and website content management system (CMS) for beginners.
WordPress is a free and open-source content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL. To function, WordPress has to be installed on a web server, which would either be part of an Internet hosting service or a network host in its own right. An example of the first scenario may be a service like WordPress.com, and the second case could be a computer running the software package WordPress.org. A local computer may be used for single-user testing and learning purposes. Features include a plugin architecture and a template system. WordPress was used by more than 29.4% of the top 10 million websites as of January 2018 update.
In non-geek speak, WordPress is web publishing software you can use to create your own website or blog. Since it was released in 2003, WordPress has become one of the most popular web publishing platforms. Today it powers nearly 30 percent of the entire web — from hobby blogs to some of the biggest news sites online.
But many people don’t realize that WordPress is much more just a blogging tool. It’s actually a highly flexible content management system (CMS) that enables you to build and manage your own website using just your web browser. Best of all, it’s completely FREE.That’s because WordPress is an Open Source project. That means that hundreds of volunteers from all around the world are constantly creating and improving the code for the WordPress software. And, there are thousands of plugins, widgets, and themes that enable you to build just about any type of website you can imagine.
6 Reasons WordPress is a great choice for Beginners to building blog or business website.
1. First of all, WordPress is Open Source. That means that there are thousands of people all around the world who are constantly working to improve WordPress. And because WordPress is an open source project it’s also completely FREE.
2. Second, it’s incredibly flexible and extensible. There are thousands of plugins and themes that enable you to easily change the entire look of your website, or even add new features like a mailing list, photo gallery, or an online store.
3. Third, it’s easy to use and learn. You don’t need to hire a web designer every time you want to make a small change to your website. Instead, you can easily update and create your own content — without having to learn how to code. In fact, if you know how to use the basic formatting tools in a program like Microsoft Word, you can edit your site.
4. Next, if you run into problems, or you want to add custom features, it’s easy to find support or hire someone to help you. In addition to the WordPress tutorials on this site, there are also thousands of WordPress developers and designers who can help you. The official WordPress Forum is a great place to get answers to your questions.
5. WordPress is also SEO-friendly. Right out of the box, WordPress includes everything you need to ensure that your content is optimized for search engines. This is critical to your site’s visibility and online success. Matt Cutts of Google says, “WordPress is made to do SEO well.”
6. Last, you’re in control of your own content. Other publishing platforms limit what you can and can’t do on your own website. And, you’re locked in to that service. If it should ever shut down, your content could simply disappear. With WordPress, you can import your content from other systems like Blogger or Tumblr. And you can also easily export your data to move away from WordPress, should you choose. You’re in control of your site… and your content.
If you’re looking for an easy tool that will help you to build your own website or blog without having to learn how to code, you’ll love WordPress. And, you’ll find that WordPress is incredibly flexible, with thousands of themes, plugins, and support options to ensure that your site will continue to grow with you in the future.
We hope this has been helpful, and we look forward to seeing what you’re able to build with WordPress!
WordPress is the world’s most popular open source content management system. That’s a fancy of saying it allows you to build great websites. About 30% of all websites are powered by WordPress. It generates thousands of job opportunities around the world, and there are millions of websites making money using WordPress.
Apart from the economic opportunities, WordPress enables people to share their stories, ideas, build communities and do awesome things.
Learning WordPress is easy as long as you are willing to commit few hours each day for a week. You would need some very basic search skills (i.e know how to Google), and the ability to follow instructions.No you don’t need to know HTML or other programming to build a website. Will it help to know those in the future? Ofcourse, but it’s not necessary in the beginning.Many skilled WordPress users started from scratch just like you. In fact most WordPress users don’t know how to write code or design websites.
Now that you are committed to learn WordPress, Moradabad School of Online Marketing want to welcome you to the awesome WordPress community.
Learn WordPress Website Desiging & Development in Moradabad in a Week. This Module Take only 7-10 Days Only. Then Learn Content Creation and Marketing.